Already have a Hubbub account? Sign in.
Create a Hubbub account
We are hoping to raise money to bring the Inter-University Eisteddfod to Swansea University. The event brings Welsh medium students together to celebrate Wales' cultural heritage which dates back centuries. The Eisteddfod will be held on 1st - 2nd March 2019.
.• Welsh university students come together annually, at different University locations across Wales to compete against each other. This year, it is being held with us here in Swansea University.
• The Inter University Eisteddfod is an event similar to the National Eisteddfod of Wales – the largest festival of competitive music and poetry in Europe, carried out entirely in the Welsh language. Our event holds competitions within the performing arts (traditional singing and dancing, reciting poetry, acting, music composing etc.) and literary arts (poetry, prose etc. which include the competitions which determine the winner of the traditional prizes – the Crown and the Chair) as well as prizes for music composition, art and science.
• The Welsh language belongs to us all and therefore, as part of the Eisteddfod, we have a homework section and medal specifically for Welsh learners .
• As well as the performing and literary arts, rugby, football and netball tournaments are also organised.
• To bring the weekend to a close a gig featuring some of the biggest names in Welsh music is organised for the students.
• It will go directly to pay for the running of the Inter-University Eisteddfod itself, including staging costs, payment for the adjudicators, lighting and sound.
In order for our inter-college Eisteddfod to reach its potential, we would be delighted if you could give us your support and donate to our project! Even if you are unable to support us financially, we would be very grateful if you can share our project with anybody that you feel would appreciate and support us!