Already have a Hubbub account? Sign in.
Create a Hubbub account
We are raising money to provide "academic success packs" to provide to our first year students in the Intro to University Life course. This course is an academic success seminar and the goal is to provide the actual tools along with the stated tools to promote their success. This plan will include planners and other study materials along with study tips that students will find helpful.
I am Zoranna Jones, Assistant Dean of the School of Interdisciplinary studies, and one of my most important roles, and most rewarding, is managing the Intro to University Life course (UNLF). I have partnered with my colleague, Cedric James, Assistant Director of the Idea Factory to come up with a creative and useful way to support student success.
This year we have a record number of students enrolled in Intro to University Life (UNLF) which allows us to have a larger reach to support students during an unusual year. In this course we help students transition into college by exploring themes around time and stress management and thinking, learning, and studying in college. These “academic success packs” will accompany a curriculum designed to provide the tools and tips for student success by arming them with items that they can use inside and outside the classroom. Your support of this initiative is supporting the academic success of our students. Here is your opportunity to support and give to our future!
• These funds will help us to purchase items and distribute these study packs for incoming freshmen in the Intro to University Life course.
• The packs will include items such as planners, pens, highlighters along with some tried and true study tips to help promote student success.
• Once we have received the minimum funds needed we will begin the purchase of the items that will be packaged and distributed.
• Our goal is to distribute these prior to going into final exams at the end of the semester
• With bulk purchases we can produce each package for about $8 per student for over 1300 students this year.
Select this reward if you just want to donate to the project without receiving a reward.
This supports 5 student packs
This supports 10 student packs
This supports 20 student packs
This supports 100 student packs