- In June 2019 I am travelling to Colombia where I will spend two weeks working with Get Up and Go Colombia, a local NGO based in Popayán to work with those impacted by the 52 year armed conflict and to provide training for victims to become tour guides for the region.
- While in Colombia I will be conducting research into destination management in post-conflict societies to develop a comparative study between Belfast and Popayán for my Masters dissertation.
- To do this I would love to have your help to share my campaign and to help raise the funds to support the work with this amazing organisation. Please drop me a message if you would like to hear any more!
A LITTLE ABOUT ME
- I am a 23 year old postgraduate student, studying International Tourism Management at Ulster University.
- A peace agreement was signed in Colombia in 2016 and it has provided an opportunity to develop tourism.
- The aim of the project is to demonstrate how tourism can be a tool for peace building and to share experiences of a society emerging through conflict.
- While in Colombia I hope to work with Get Up and Go to develop their new projects to celebrate Popayán's gastronomic heritage and also the rich street art scene in the city.
- This is an amazing opportunity to share how Northern Ireland has moved forward and to see what more we can learn from communities which have also came through conflict.
- By supporting this project you are facilitating an international relationship which has potential to be continued as an exchange programme for UU students, to strengthen the ties between NI and Colombia.
Where will the money go?
Any money which which is kindly donated will help to cover the following approximate costs;
- Flights and transfers £700
- Accommodation costs £150
- Project costs £100
- Travel insurance £50
Any additional money will allow for;
- Please check out the rewards section on the right hand side!
Find ME here
If you would like to follow my trip please keep an eye on Facebook and Instagram while I am away for regular updates on the work I am doing!
HOW YOU CAN HELP!
- Please share this project with anyone you think could support us through Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram or email!
- You don't need to give money to help but if you had a pound or two to spare and you'd like to see this trip happen, I'd love it if you could sponsor me!