Wildlife Conservation, Community Infrastructure and Village Education Project!
I am aiming to raise £1,000 to help fund my trip to South Africa with VESA (a non profit organisation) in July 2020!
Whilst in South Africa, the activities we will be carrying out are listed below.
Building for the Community
Examples of projects carried out by VESA in the past:
- 1 new four-room crèche constructed for 60 children.
- 15-room boarding house constructed for 48 children.
- 32 x 3 or 4 room houses built in Khula village for local families.
- 2 new classrooms, toilet blocks, a library and jungle gym for the local primary school.
- Hands-on volunteering with Cheetah, Serval, Caracals and African Wildcats, in a rehabilitation, breeding and release program. As well as constructing new enclosures for the breeding pairs.
- Helping endangered Nile Crocodiles involving observation, population monitoring, capture and release of crocodiles, as well as behind the scenes maintenance at the Saint Lucia Crocodile Centre.
Educating Local Children:
- Volunteering at the local creche helping teach English and Maths to young children.
Where will the money go?
- Most of the money goes directly to VESA, which helps provide the building materials and tools needed to help build up local villages and communities. As well as allowing for ongoing support within these communities all year round!
- Part of the money will be used for flights and accommodation so I can take part in this brilliant programme!
Help us succeed!
- If you can't donate money, you can help in other ways! Please feel free to share my project with anyone you think would support us!
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great programme, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly (as well as encouraging new people to take part!).
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.