Already have a Hubbub account? Sign in.
Create a Hubbub account
- I'm trying to raise £6300 to be able to graduate in February from my MA course in Production Design at the National Film and Television School. I've been unsuccessful at finding further funding through loans or grants to complete the course. I have limited resources to apply for funds as I'm non UK and the financial support from Iceland is unfortunately very limited. This is my last year in education and it would be a shame not to complete the course properly and putting at risk connections with the school.
-I came to UK to maximize my potential in the field I was interested in, as Iceland has few opportunities for education particularly in this area. I have now been in studying in the UK for the last 5 years.
-I've always been interested in art and design with a passion for films and visual storytelling, and Production Design combines the two. My previous experiences and education varies and have led me to this education, from being a costume designers assistant, studying tailoring briefly, working in a theater creating props and being a stand by, to making my own experimental work to find out personally the potential the camera has for visual storytelling. Production Design is an important backdrop for a story and can be its own character. What I also like about working in films is that it is collaborative and that is something that the school emphasizes on. I have some experience in teaching at a film school and in the future I would like to share my knowledge further. It's important for me to inspire and share the passion for what I do in life.
- NFTS was voted the 'best film school in the world' and has the biggest behind the scenes education for films. My course Production Design is outstanding in terms of craft tutoring and skilled tutors that are working in the professional world. The course is run like a real work environment or an Art Department and highly prepare and support us for the real world, which is rare. The course also has a good reputation within the film industry and are former students working on known films and TV dramas in the likes of Star Wars and Game of Thrones. Here you can find more about the course: https://nfts.co.uk/our-courses/masters/production-design
- The school was kind enough to take me in, despite knowing I did not have a wealth of supporters or savings. They knew I was in search for scholarships or more loans, which I have been unsuccessful in finding. Most other students have loans or grants, due to the standard of the course and reputation. The entry for Icelandic students to NFTS might be at risk of getting places in the school due to lack of further financial support or grants.
Where will the money go?
- However much I'll be able to raise, all the money will go straight to the school to pay for fees that are outstanding.
- If there will be extra funding I will pay down the loan I got for half of the school's fees. The full tuition fees are £11.300.
- A tour around the National Film and Television School and a Screening of Graduation films that I've been involved with.
- Postcard with an image of selected work from my projects here at NFTS and from previous years, signed with thank you.
- Special thank you via email.
- Set build. Project in process. NFTS 2015
- Film Architecture project. Paper based: Visual and Elevations. NFTS 2015
- For more projects visit my website: http://www.solrunosk.com/
- NFTS website: https://nfts.co.uk/
- Social media: https://www.facebook.com/solrunjons
- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please share this project with anyone you think would support – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone or on your blog.
- To donate money will also help the first Icelandic student to finish this particular course!
Select this reward if you just want to donate to the project without receiving a reward.
For those who simply just want to be generous.
Estimated delivery: 1 February 2016
A postcard with special thank you and your name or company name with a selected image from my work.
1 claimed of 30
Estimated delivery: 1 February 2016
A tour around the National Film and Television School with a screening of Graduation work I've been collaborating on.
0 claimed of 15
Estimated delivery: 1 March 2016